Face-To-Face

So, I've been bopping away on my project. I wanted to experiment with different types of media and try new things. I decided to make a moulding of my face. As I'm doing people and working with the ideology of "destroyed beauty" and "commercial beauty" in relation to the Urban Environment. I made my way down to the tech guys, after nabbing Mike Fox in the corridor, and met the lovely Pat, whom I plagued my ideas to. As there wasn't an Body Double moulding available at the time I had to go find a mannequin to mould a face of. They didn't have any in the fashion department in college so I made my way to town. After about 2 and half hours begging and pleading through the shops of Limerick, I was JUST about to give up when a lovely shop assistant let me borrow one. I legged it back to college, trying to get in before the workshop closed. Finally, I began learning how to make the moulding of my beautiful mannequin’s face with, I think it was called PTV.. I probably have that wrong now.. Anyway, so Pat explained to me how to make the moulding and the next day I bought some plaster Paris strips to add the plaster shell of the moulding to keep it together.
After leaving it all set, I peeled away the mould and its shell and proceeded to paint wax into it. This was a very quick and easy way to make a duplicate of the mannequin’s face and it looked deadly.
Next, made a plaster moulding using the same mould and got an excellent result. I then painted this moulding and proceeded to stick on leaves and burn wax onto the face to show the natural ability a face and a person should have and the waxy, plastic exterior that many of today's society behold. I then peeled off the leaves and some of the paint to show effects of destroyed beauty.
In the end I was seriously pleased with the result and the faces are now an integral part of my project. HUGE thanks to Pat and Mike for all their help! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment