Just Another Face In The Crowd

After a strong inspiraiton from Berlinde De Bruyckere, I bagan working more with the mould I had of the human head. I began making moulds in various materials such as chocolate, jelly, butter, glue, candel wax etc. I found this to be highly interesting and a great study of the human form. I then placed the heads all aorund Limerick city to highlight various aspects of the Urban Enviornment, in this way,I was bringing something somewhat man-made into an organic setting, this contrast is highly interesting.  Also Berlinde De Bruyckere is renowned for using unusual pliths and places to display her work, she uses old cabinets, blankets, battered plinths etc I took her inspiration a went to the confessional booth in college with my vintage blanket and photographed the heads in there using different light sources. This created a wonderful array of shadows and light adn dark contrasts over the heds that I will later work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment